dark-o-matic
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Rock rolls into the weekend at 1 under

Ga naar beneden

Rock rolls into the weekend at 1 under Empty Rock rolls into the weekend at 1 under

Bericht  golf5748 di jun 05, 2012 6:29 am

Rock rolls into the weekend at 1 under

Forgive Robert Rock for not having much energy after two rounds of U.S. Open golf at Congressional. He got into the country at 3:30 a.m. on Thursday, had to get over jet lag and played two rounds at a course he had never seen in this condition. Despite all of that, Rock still finished his first two rounds of the Open at 1 under par.The Englishman shot even-par 71 in Fridays second round to hang within striking distance of second place and within 10 shots of tournament leader Rory McIlroy.Rock says that he only had enough energy to play nine holes on Friday. Fortunately, those nine holes were the tougher back nine at Congressional. Callaway FT i-Brid fers Sadly for Rock, he was spent for the more susceptible front nine holes to close. A bogey at the 18th his ninth crushed his spirit.I took three from the edge on 18 which was disappointing and I felt every bit of energy disappear and I thought it was going to be a battle after that, Rock said. That nine was very scoreable too so it was a shame. I couldnt get the shots to go normal distances. I just didnt have it in me.Rock is not saying that he would be 11 under if he didnt have to fly across the Atlantic on an emergency Visa after winning his first European Tour event last week, but he feels a better two-round total was possible.I was expecting a harder test here, he said. I havent played as well as I did last week. Ive driven the ball nicely and hit some nice iron shots but Ive not putted as well as last week. Bois de parcours Callaway Diablo Edge Last week was the best putting week Ive had ever. But Im one under and I feel I should have been six or seven. Rory reaping the rewards of rest before Open. Following Thursdays 65 Rory McIlroy talked about the importance of being prepared for a major championship. After his second-round 66 his manager stressed the importance of being rested.He plays his best golf his first week back out, said Chubby Chandler, the Northern Irishmans manager with International Sports Management. Some players need an event or two to dust off the rust but hes at his best when hes fresh.To Chandlers point, McIlroys runner-up to start the year at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship came after an extended break, as did his near-miss at The Masters and his maiden PGA Tour victory last year at the Wells Fargo Championship. Callaway Black X-Tour Wedge Chrome But its not as though McIlroy goes couch potato during his down time. During the break between the Memorial, his last start, and this weeks U.S. Open he visited a Unicef facility in Haiti, spent last Wednesday and Thursday prepping at Congressional, participated in a sponsors outing in New Jersey on Friday before sneaking away for a working vacation at venerable Pine Valley Golf Club where he tuned up for the seasons second major with two friendly matches against Chandler.I gave him plenty of confidence, lets just say that, smiled Chandler, who is a former European Tour player. Im not surprised at all that David pulled it off. K.J. Choi, in congratulating Toms following his win at Colonial, one week removed from his loss to Choi at The Players in a playoff.Its done a few thousand miles and needs a service. Colin Montgomerie, after being asked how he would try to sell himself in hiring another caddie following losing his former caddie earlier in the week at Wentworth.

golf5748

Aantal berichten : 56
Registration date : 12-05-12

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Terug naar boven

Permissies van dit forum: